January 4, 2012

If you come to study Psychology...


Hi bloggers! Today I found an interesting text that summarizes much of our future work as psychologists, and what we can hope for studying it.

The text is an University guide, about what will you learn, what will you gain and what job can you get if you come to study Psychology.

The text begins saying what will you learn in the first year of University: a general basis of Psychology, which contains modules about social psychology of individuals and groups. The text also claims that during that time, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a psychologist for a year, and joint work with other disciplines such as biology or journalism.

All this study will give you a lot of knowledge, critical thinking, and skills to investigate, solve problems and interpret data properly. The text also mentions that you should have, at least, one own research in the last year.

With all this, the text states that if you opt for this career you’ll have a series of options to work. You can become a clinical, forensic, educational psychologist, etc., depending on your own interests.



The text ends saying that if you’ve the ability to identify and assess patterns of behavior, to apply different perspectives to psychological problems and to joint work your CV will look good.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I just read the post from a fellow who chose the same article. I think the article gives you a complete view of the career and discipline but is a quite boring.

    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rocío, this article seems a little boring to me, but made me think that there are a lot of differences between studying psychology in the USA and studying in other country like Chile. I mean, there must be some contents in common, but I've heard that in the USA psychology has a predominant scientific focus... does this article say anything about it?
    Anyway, talking about the different job areas... do you like someone specially? I like the clinical and forensic areas, even I'm not sure yet about what or where I want to work in the future.
    See you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both girls...this article is a little boring. I also agree with Valentina when she says that the USA psychology has a predominant scientific focus, for this I like the focus that our university has...a most social focus, because I interest me the educational area.

    See you Bárbara!

    ReplyDelete